Passionate Traveler. Determined Optimist. New Associate.
“Areesha Muzaffar is amazingly intelligent, determined, successful. She is very modest, and hard-working. She comes from an excellent family, and has been a stable part of our practice for nearly five years. We depend on her, trust her and she is very much a team player, plus she is very interesting and interested.”-Shannon Miller
Born in Atlanta, Georgia, Areesha moved to Lake Placid, Florida when she was 10. She fits right in with her driven and ambitious siblings; her older brother is in law school, her older sister is in medical school, and her younger brother is a junior at UF. Areesha graduated from UF with a B.S. in Finance, Juris Doctor, and has been accepted into the Master’s of Law in Taxation program with a specialization in Estate Planning. Her law school experience was filled with awards, accomplishments, and experiences:
- International and Comparative Law Certificate Recipient
- Universite de Montpellier, summer semester concentration on International and European Law
- Belize Sustainable Development Course, fieldwork focusing on Mayan Land Rights
- Book Award in Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts
- Journal of Technology Law and Policy-Student Works Editor
- Bennett Inn of Court-Student Board Member
- Global Antitrust Invitational in Washington, DC-National Finalist
Her love of travel introduced her to different countries and cultures that have molded her into a well-rounded attorney. If she’s not working,she’s traveling. One of her favorite quotes is by Mark Twain.
She has worked for Miller Elder Law Firm for five years starting as a receptionist and advancing to law clerk and stays with the firm because of the company culture. Both attorneys serve as her mentors teaching, coaching, and empowering her toward becoming an associate.